Artists for Palestine UK (APUK) launched in 2015. We are a growing network of artists and cultural workers standing together for Palestinian rights and for a just resolution for all in Israel/Palestine, including for Palestinian refugees.
(Photo credit: Dan Cohen)
A world where Palestinians and Israelis have the right to live with dignity, freedom, justice and equality.
Mobilising British artists and audiences in support of Palestinian rights and towards achieving freedom, equality and dignity for all people
- We believe that people working in the arts have a responsibility to consider the impacts of their work when engaging in a situation of radical inequality.
- We think the arts are of particular significance where a people’s history, cultural heritage and future are under constant threat of erasure.
- We believe that the arts have an important role to play in connecting audiences with Palestinian experiences.
- We are a rights-based organisation that is opposed to all forms of racism and discrimination.
We work to
- Raise awareness of the cultural dimensions of the on-going dispossession of the Palestinians.
- Educate and inform artists and arts organisations about the need to defend Palestinian human rights, and to ensure that the arts are not used to whitewash or to normalise injustice.
- Promote cultural events that foreground Palestinian artists, writers and thinkers, and their collaborations with British artists, with the aim of reaching new audiences
- Build alliances with cultural producers and institutions in order to achieve the above.
- Coordinate topical, artist-led campaigns focused on the need to hold Israel to account for violations of international law and human rights conventions.
Events and partnerships
We partner with Palestinian and British artists, producers and curators to produce cultural events, projects and discussions. Please get in touch for more information or with proposals.
Comments to our blog are moderated. Please contribute to productive debates by keeping comments concise, focused and respectful. We do not publish comments that are off-topic, that are abusive, or that emanate from trolling campaigns.
Support our work
Artists for Palestine UK is run by the efforts of a small number of volunteers. Please support our work. Your donation will go towards putting on a cultural event and discussion.